Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Don't Be Hatin'

Hey there, fellow bloggers!

It has been a long while since I've posted, and I apologize for that. Life caught up with me and dragged me around in hundreds of different directions all summer long. But I have made my triumphant return to the virtual world of telling people whatever crap happens to be in my brain at any given moment. Yes, I have returned to my blog.

You know when there is that one person in your life who just keeps inserting themselves into your personal business without an invitation, and you'd really love to serve them up a knuckle sandwich with extra beating on the side? That is exactly what has been going down for me this semester. It wouldn't usually bug me except for the following reasons:

1. We hardly spend any time together. But when we do, she sits there and tries guilt-tripping me into doing the same things she does. "Oh, I'll pray about it for you." "You should come sing with us in choir." "Hey, ward prayer is at 8. You coming?" "So, what do you normally do on Sundays?" I sleep. I do homework. I watch movies. I RELAX- well, I used to. Until she showed up.

2. When I tell her "No thank you" (very politely, I might add), she stares down her nose at me. It's as if she is the world's top chef and she has just made me this amazing cake and I pooped on it and threw it back in her face like some uncivilized chimpanzee. Um, hello! You do NOT have the right to insert yourself into my life and judge me because you don't even know me!

Sorry. I hate it when people judge me for being the way I am. It's worse when they only know fragments about me, and judge me based on those fragments. Yes, I understand she is just trying to be nice. But that does not involve her looking at me like I'm the spawn of Satan and that at any given moment I might start a bonfire in the backyard, dance naked around it, and shout praises to the Devil.

Just because I'm not religious does NOT mean I'm a bad person. It just means I'm not interested in the world-wide competition for "Let's See Which Church Can Recruit More Members!" I believe in God and in being a good person. And for right now, that is absolutely good enough for me.

So, to all you nay-sayers, you self-proclaimed judges of worthiness--BACK OFF. Please and thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You're back :D this person sounds really annoying. Good thing the semester is *almost* over, right?

    ReplyDelete